To identify unknown pills, try the following options:
- Type “pill identifier” in Google or any search engine. Several options will show up
- http://www.goodrx.com/mobile to download the mobile app
To dispose of unneeded pills, there are three methods:
1. Contact local police or sheriff to find locations of medication disposal sites. Many are located in police stations.
2. Ask your local pharmacy if they sell pill-mail-back packages.
3. Destroy and dispose pills at home:
- remove labels from pill containers
- mix pills with liquid to dissolve them
- stir in with coffee grounds, dirt or kitty litter
- seal container with tape & place in outdoor garbage
If a person has taken medications and you can’t wake them up, call 911. Never let them sleep it off. They may not wake up. Start CPR if needed.
If someone has taken medications and you’re not sure what to do, call the Poison Control Hotline at 1-800-222-1222. It’s free, confidential & open 24/7.
If someone needs referral for medication addiction, call SAMHSA Help Line at 1-800-662-HELP.